Frequently Asked Questions
Practitioner Frequently Asked Questions
What is Matrix Repatterning?
Matrix Repatterning is a gentle manual therapy that releases restrictions at the molecular level. Developed over the past 15 years by Dr. George Roth, Matrix Repatterning uses a form of muscle testing to identify lesions in the tensegrity matrix of the body, and then corrects them using light manual pressure.
Dr. Roth has written a Matrix Repatterning workbook for the layman. It explains in detail how Matrix Repatterning works and gives hundreds of examples of self-treatment techniques. The book is called The Matrix Repatterning Program for Pain Relief. (Published in 2005 by New Harbinger) and is available at Amazon.com and other major book sellers. Ordering Information
Helpful links that clarify ‘tensegrity’ and Matrix Repatterning:
How many students have studied MR under Dr. Roth?
More than 1500 in the past 20 years.
What does a certified Matrix Practitioner charge for sessions with patients?
Our practitioners charge between $120 and $360 per hour.
Is MR training associated with any college or university?
It is approved as an accepted modality for registered massage therapists in Ontario
Where is the training conducted?
In the Newmarket area.
Is accommodation provided in the cost of training?
No, but we usually get a group discount on local hotels.
What are the requirements for previous training and credentials?
Candidates for Matrix Repatterning instruction have significant knowledge of anatomy and have the following educational and/or professional credentials: DC; ND; MD; NP; RMT; PT; OT; DO; DVM; DDS; AT (Athletic Therapist). Candidates must hold an active license in good standing.
What are the benefits of certification?
- License to advertise a Matrix Repatterning practice
- Inclusion in our worldwide referral database
- Access to up to date continuing education and clinical support
- Access to updated practitioner manuals
- Access to the latest research material
- Eligibility to submit publications to be featured on the Matrix Repatterning website
- Eligibility for refresher training in any of our regular educational modules at a nominal cost
- Eligibility to become a Matrix Instructor
- Eligibility to take Specialist Training in areas such as Snoring and Apnea, Cranial Specialist, Pelvic Disorders Specialist, Equine & Canine Specialist, etc.
What are the requirements for maintaining certification?
An annual certification fee of $400 and attendance at a free annual continuing education seminar in Matrix Repatterning.
Candidates who successfully complete the Foundation module will be invited to apply for acceptance into the Advanced Program leading to candidacy to become a Certified Matrix Repatterning Practitioner (CMRP). The Matrix Institute reserves the right to approve candidacy for entry into the certification program, and may revoke certification with 30 days notice.